Membership is open to any WLA member involved in training, library instruction, career development, or continuing education in libraries.
What can WALT do for you?
- Network with other library trainers and instructors
- Share training tips and ideas
- Build training and facilitation skills
- Practice leadership skills by organizing a workshop or serving as a WALT officer
- Learn about scholarships for attending educational events or conferences¨ Enjoy yourself!
What does WALT do?
- Meet 4-6 times each year in person or online
- Work with WLA and State Library to fulfill continuing education needs of library staff around Washington
- Plan and coordinate programs for Washington library staff and at the annual WLA conference
- Connect through email discussion and WALT blog
- Maintain a Web site with links to training resources, tools, and vendors
WALT recently organized these programs:
- Exploring Supervision as a Career Step
- New Faces in the Library: Intercultural Communication Skills
- Straight Talk for Supervisors: How to Effectively Manage Employee Performance
- Train with Less Stress, More Success¨ Assessing Safety @ Your Library
- Five Star Presentations: Bringing Your Message to Life! ¨ Meetings That Work! The Art of Facilitation