WALT - WAshington Library Trainers
Membership | Meetings & Events | Meeting Minutes | Resources
Communications | Bylaws | Contact Us
The primary purposes of Washington Library Trainers shall be to share information, communication, learning, and support for those involved in or interested in:
- Training, career development, and continuing education for library staff
- Education and instruction for library users
Pictures on Flickr
NEXT FACE-TO-FACE WALT MEETING
Also check out archived photos under Minutes.
I highly recommend the book (which is available at your local library, although I think it’s worth owning) but he’s a pretty dynamic speaker so the Google Talk would be the next best thing.
- Read the relevant chapters (about 40 pages in all)
- Listen to John’s Google talk (about 50 minutes) where he discusses these two topics, or
- Look at the Exercise and Attention summary info on the Brain Rules website
Remember our proven techniques for success with independent learning:
- Schedule - time on your calendar to complete the activities. You may want to schedule a back-up time in case you can’t get to it on your first try.
- Deadline – you have one – before 9:30 am on June 10th
- Peer Support – we’re learning together! Yay! Fun!
- What’s in it for you? Learning is your business! Learning about how humans learn is a win for your own personal learning and for your staff. Plus, we’re testing out techniques for successful independent learning here, so it’s a double win!
Pay attention to what seems to work for you. Any other ideas or insights to share before we meet in a few weeks?